Hepatology is a department of medicine treated with the study, prevention, analysis and control of diseases that affect the liver, gallbladder, biliary tree and pancreas. The term Hepatology is received from the Greek words “hepatikos” and “Logia,” which mean liver and study, respectively. Dr. Hussain Bohari is one of the best Hepatologist in Nashik, Having wide experience in this field. Visit Dr. Bohari’s Premium Digestive Disease Clinic for more knowledge.
Hepatitis influences millions of people globally and is associated with many poor outcomes, including liver transplant and liver cancer. In particular, hepatitis B and hepatitis C are the main causes of liver cancer, while alcohol abuse has been linked to situations such as cirrhosis and other severe difficulties. The situations herpetologist deal with most often is viral hepatitis and alcohol-related liver disease.
Some of the most usual ailments that are assessed, diagnosed and managed by a Hepatologist include:
- Diseases of the liver-related to excess alcohol consumption, including fatty liver disorder, liver cirrhosis, and liver cancer.
- Viral hepatitis viruses (hepatitis A, B, C, and E). Above 2 billion people have been affected by hepatitis B at some point and around 350 million people are determined carriers. With widespread vaccination and blood screening, the incidence of hepatitis B has significantly decreased. However, hepatitis B and hepatitis C are accountable for up to 80% of liver cancer cases.
- Drug overdose, particularly paracetamol overdose.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding caused by portal hypertension linked to liver injury.
- Enzyme deficiencies, making liver expansion in children, also known as liver area diseases.
- Some tropical diseases such as hydatid cyst, kala-azar or schistosomiasis.
- Liver transplantation.
- Liver cancer.
- Genetic and metabolic liver disease.
- Pancreatitis, usually when caused by alcohol consumption or gallstones.
- Drug metabolism.
- Damage to the pancreas or biliary tract created by disease, cancer, alcohol, bleeding or obstruction.
Premium Digestive Disease Clinic provides the best facilities to diagnose and treat diseases.